Saturday, November 10, 2007

No Men Allowed?!


Before my fellow men friends run off claiming discrimination, let me finish. This isn't about how we can't get into exclusively female gym where all the hot girls end up. This is about how men rarely make on to gossip magazines compared to women celebrities. Frankly, I never read tabloid magazines, fake nose, fake smiles, fake tits. Superficiality was never one of my favourite subjects. However, this article raises a interesting point. From what I am able to gather every so often when I pass by the magazine stand in front of the cash register at grocery stores, female celebrities dominates tabloid magazine covers. The reason as I see it is quite simple, as stated in the article, women are much more attracted to tabloid news compared to men. They would prefer to read about other women's life because they have more opportunities to relate. In addition, i think our society's notion of "boys will be boys" exclude some male celeb's foul play out of the limelight. What disturbs me however, most of the celebrities who manages to screw up so much to get themselves on the homepage of TMZ.com are considered by many of today's youth as their role models. How would you like your son or daughter modeling themselves after Paris Hilton, or better yet, Britney Spears. As for the celebrity's perspective, no press is bad press, right?

No comments: